Separation and Divorce Mediation
The ending of a relationship is hard… and can be difficult, whether you are Married, or in a Defacto relationship. Particularly upon children of the relationship.
Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, and Mediator, Jo-Anne McNamara also conducts Mediation with couples in High Conflict.
- Parenting Mediation
- Property and Financial Mediation.
- Safety Plans
The process of Separation and Divorce can be an emotional and traumatic time for either party – including children. This is especially so where the feelings experienced may be overwhelming.
Everything you say in front of an FDR practitioner is confidential. There are some exceptions, such as to prevent a threat to someone’s life or health or the commission of a crime.
What is said during FDR cannot be used as evidence in court. An FDR Practitioner must report child abuse or anything that indicates a child is at risk of abuse, and this may be used as evidence in some circumstances.
Children and Grand Parents
When there are children involved in the Separation / Divorce proceedings, this can be very true for them. Children can experience feelings of anxiety, fear, grief that are often felt by their parents and other parties. As a result, these feelings being experienced by the children can make a huge change in everyone’s life.
Grandparents also can find this period of time particularly difficult and they too suffer. This is where they may be not able to continue to see and have visiting rights to see their grandchildren. As a result, ADRAMS also assists grandparents to mediate where required, to visit their grandchildren. Issues of safety are taken into consideration in the decision making process.
It is so important during this process,
- Be kind to yourself.
- Where you need it, please ask for support.
- Help is Always available. It is but a phone call away! Reach out for help when you need it.
Start by small steps.
- Immediate steps such as opening your own bank account is important. This assists you gain control of your finances.
- Longer term issues as money and finance can be dealt with as you move ahead.
- Health and Safety are very important issues to be dealt with according to your circumstances.
- Your own well being is very important. Take care of you!
- YOU ARE IMPORTANT !!!
Would you like a FREE 15minute Call back to discuss your matter ? To book a call-back from Jo-Anne
We work closely with the following Legal Practitioners who specialise in Family, Divorce and Criminal Matters
- Bannermans Solictors – Principal Richard Bannerman – Family Law; Divorce; Criminal Law; Protection and Care: Restraining Orders; Wills and Estates
- Pedulla and Associates – Principal Jeanette Pedulla -Family ; Wills and Estate; Debt and Civil Matters
- Crescent Legal – Principal Razaan Mosaval -Family; Criminal; Children Court; Employment; Violence Restraining Orders Matters (Legal Aid Practitioner )
- Keegan and Co Family Lawyers -Principal Leah Keegan -Specialist in Family and Divorce Matters
- Shadgett Legal – Principal Steven Shadgett – Criminal Matters ( Legal Aid Practitioner)
Counsellors and Psychologists
- Judith Evans – 0401 863 851
- Viviana Janco – 0416 118 077
Family Court WA Information
What Parents Need to know about the Effects on Children ( Separation and Divorce)
Family Violence and Changes to Laws.
Domestic Violence Support is available by phoning
- National Sexual Assault Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service 1800 737 732;
- Men’s Referral Service 1300 766 491
- Lifeline 13 11 14.