Separation and Divorce
The ending of a relationship is hard… and can be difficult, whether you are Married, or in a Defacto relationship.
Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, and Mediator, Jo-Anne McNamara specialises in High Conflict Mediation.
The process of Separation can be an emotional and traumatic time for either party. This is especially so where the feelings experienced may be overwhelming.
When there are children involved in the separation/divorce proceedings, this can be very true for them. Children can experience feelings of anxiety, fear, grief that are often felt by their parents and other parties. As a result, these feelings being experienced by the children can make a huge change in everyone’s life.
Grandparents also can find this period of time particularly difficult and they too suffer. This is where they may be not able to continue to see and have visiting rights to see their grandchildren. As a result, ADRAMS also assists grandparents to mediate where required, to visit their grandchildren. Issues of safety are taken into consideration in the decision making process.
It is so important during this process, to be kind to yourself. Where you need it, please ask for support. Help is Always available. It is but a phone call away!
Start by small steps.
- Immediate steps such as opening your own bank account is important. This assists you gain control of your finances.
- Longer term issues as money and finance can be dealt with as you move ahead.
- Health and Safety are very important issues to be dealt with according to your circumstances.
- Your own well being is very important. Take care of you!
- YOU ARE IMPORTANT !!!
Would you like a FREE 15minute Call back? To book a call-back from Jo-Anne
We work closely with the following Legal Practitioners who specialise in Family, Divorce and Criminal Matters
- Pedulla and Associates – Principal Jeanette Pedulla -Family ; Wills and Estate; Debt and Civil Matters
- Keegan and Co Family Lawyers -Principal Leah Keegan -Specialist in Family and Divorce Matters
- Crescent Legal – Principal Razaan Mosaval -Family; Criminal; Children Court; Employment; Violence Restraining Orders Matters (Legal Aid Practitioner )
- Shadgett Legal – Principal Steven Shadgett – Criminal Matters ( Legal Aid Practitioner)
Counsellors and Psychologists
- Judith Evans – 0401 863 851
- Viviana Janco – 0416 118 077
Family Violence and Changes to Laws.
Domestic Violence Support is available by phoning
- National Sexual Assault Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service 1800 737 732;
- Men’s Referral Service 1300 766 491
- Lifeline 13 11 14.